We want to know what you think. Click here to tell us about our school.
2014-2015 Semester 2 Exam Schedule
|Tuesday, June 2 (Green Day)
||Wednesday, June 3 (White Day)
||Thursday, June 4 (Green Day)
||Friday, June 5 (White Day)
|Period 1 Class
7:05 - 7:58
|Period 3 Exam
8:05 - 9:50
|Period 2 Exam
7:55 - 9:40
|Period 1 Exam
7:55 - 9:40
|Period 6 Exam
7:55 - 9:40
|Period 5 Class
9:57 - 11:43
|Period 7 Exam
11:50 - 1:35
|Period 4 Exam
9:50 - 11:35
|Period 5 Exam
9:50 - 11:35
|Period 8 Exam
9:50 - 11:35
2015 Lee County Student Film Festival Winners!
Here is the list of Fort Myers High School award winners:
- 1st place newscast: Green Day News
- 3rd place newscast: White Day News
- 1st place news package: Hope for Haiti Nicola Crouch, Riley Harrel, Marissa Tanner
- 2nd place news package: Youth in Government Casey Wexler
- 3rd place news package: Footloose Bill Howard, Sam Tursky
- 1st place comedy: SWOOP Dillon Dailidonis, Sam Tursky, Mitchell Goerke, Matt Oravec
- 1st place documentary: Uncommon Valor Jenavieve Verley
- 1st place sports: 2014-2015 Basketball Hype Nicola Crouch, Kylie Corey, Sam Tursky, Dillon Dailidonis
- 3rd place sports: Unexpected Spirit Nicola Crouch
- 3rd place drama: The Good Deed Teddy Tursky, Ricky Guerra, Dillon Dailidonis, Jacob Estler
- 3rd place music video: December 1963 Zach Lecius
- 2nd place instructional: Lockdown Drill TV2 class
ATTENTION JUNIORS!!! This night is for you!
Prep for your senior year and beyond!
- Who: Current Lee County Juniors (next year’s seniors)
- When: Tuesday, May 12th from 5:30-6:30 pm
- Where: The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools 2266 Second St. Fort Myers, FL 33901
- What: Workshop/presentation about preparing for your senior year and what to expect. A current senior and a freshman college student will be here to share “what you need to know” before next year! Giveaways and snacks will be provided.
RSVP to Kelly at: 337-0433 or email@example.com
Fort Myers High Math team Placed 12th in States
The Fort Myers High Math team returned from States in 12th place. This is impressive for a team our size. Winning trophies were:
- Leading off the team won 8th place for the Fall Interschool we submitted in November, 2014 (6th period Math team class)
- Christopher Sfalanga 6th in Computer Programing (all other teams were 2-3 people)
- Co-Historians Jeni Biji and Jieli Chen 7th Place in Scrapbook
- Punith Chilakala and Ashhab Thakur 15th in Gemini
- Vishnu Patel 19th in Calculus Integration
- Kamryn Lewis 19th in Calculus Area and Volume
- Lydia Mansour 16th in History of Math
- Nicholas Longobardi 10th in Trigonometry
- Andrew Suh: 15th in Calculus Ciphering, 12th in Calculus Series and Sequences, 11th in BC Calculus
- Elbert Wu: 13th in Calculus Limits and Derivatives, 6th in Calculus Applications, 5th in Speed Math
- Tianxin Zheng: 17th in Theta (Algebra/Geometry) Individual, 24th in Theta Ciphering, 5th in Theta Functions,2nd in Theta Equations and Inequalities.
- Joshua Kennedy: Calculus Individual 21st, Calculus Area and Volume 2nd, Mental Math (NO written work, only answers) 8th, Probability FIRST PLACE (perfect score).
- Andrew Suh, Vishnu Patel, Elbert Wu and Joshua Kennedy won 5th in the Calculus Team division.
- Kamryn Lewis, Andrew Suh, Tianxin Zheng and Aliya Zuberi won 9th in the fast paced Hustle (5-subjects: Statistics, Geometry, Algebra, Precalculus and Calculus)
- Elbert Wu, Nicholas Longobardi and Tasnim Thakur 9th in Relay (Theta, Precalculus, and Calculus team competition).
- State Interschool Test 5th
May 2015 AP and IB Exam Schedule
Download the May 2015 IB and AP Exam Schedule here
Access the FSA Portal
Student Access to Google Drive
Students now have a 30 GB educational Google Drive account. This service will allow them to store school files online that they can access anywhere they have Internet service, thus eliminating the need for flash drives and the risk of losing flash drives. Students can also access Google Docs, Sheets and Slides from their Google Drive account. Click here for details
Students also have the ability to download MS Office 365 on their PC or Mac.
Click here for details
American Legion Oratorical Contest
The American Legion Oratorical Contest exists to develop deeper knowledge and appreciation for the U.S. Constitution among high school students. The 70-year-old program presents participants with an academic speaking challenge that teaches important leadership qualities, the history of our nation’s laws, the ability to think and speak clearly, and an understanding of the duties, responsibilities, rights and privileges of American citizenship. The program has featured numerous politicians and prominent contestants over the years, including former president candidate Alan Keyes and CNN anchor Lou Dobbs.
National Finals winners receive the following:
Click here for details
- 1st Place - $18,000
- 2nd Place - $16,000
- 3rd Place - $14,000
American Legion Boy's State
Boys State is a comprehensive one week course in state and local government . Florida American Legion Boys State is a "leadership action program" where qualified male high school juniors take part in a practical government course. It is designed to develop a working knowledge of the structure of government and to impress upon the citizen the fact that our government is just what we make it. Along the way they will have the opportunity to learn the political process. Each level of government will be run by those delegates who are elected to serve. Instruction will be presented on the law and court system, parliamentary procedure and Florida political history.
Click Below for details:
Congratulations to our 2014 State Swim Team!!
- Sydney McMurray - 20th in the 200 IM and 12th in the 100 breast
- Emily Summa- 13th in the 50 free, 18th in the 100 free
- Sam Hurley- 19th in the 500 free
- Kendall Brent- 2nd in the 200 free and 2nd in the 500 free
- Matt Lucker- 19th in the 200 free and 13th in the 500 free
- Daniel Young- 20th in the 200 free and 10th in the 500 free
- Akira Ison- 23rd in Diving
- Jen Hollander- 23rd in the 100 fly
- Alex Griffith- 14th in the 200 free and 17th in the 500 free
- 200 Free Relay of Kendall Brent, Adri Collyer, Cameron Green, and Emily Summa placed 14th
- 400 free Relay of Kendall Brent, Emily Summa, Alex Griffith, and Adri Collyer placed 8th
FMHS Choral Music Department CD is now available
- Check out the second edition of the FMHS Newspaper by clicking here.
FMHS IB t-shirts are now on sale!
- FMHS IB t-shirts are now on sale! They are $10 and can be purchased in Mrs. Beck’s office.
Through Florida KidCare, the state of Florida offers health insurance for children from birth through age 18, even if one or both parents are working. It includes four different parts. When you apply for the insurance, Florida KidCare will check which part your child may qualify for based on age and family income. Click here for more information about Florida KidCare
Each student can learn. Each student is capable of reaching his/her academic potential. Each student has an inherent right to receive the finest education possible for the attainment of educational goals. Therefore, it is the mission of Fort Myers High School to create and maintain an orderly, business-like environment with an equitably enforced, uniform standard discipline policy in which each student may discover his/her respective potentials and bring them to fruition. Excellence at all performance levels shall be recognized and celebrated.
FMHS SPAR and AYP Reports Available
Fort Myers High School's NCLB School Public Accountability Report (SPAR), and Annual Yearly Progress Report (AYP Report) is available for review at the Fort Myers High School front office or Click here to view the report
FMHS Lee County Health Department Cafeteria Inspection Report
Click here to view the report