The James Day Scholarship Funds are offering $1,000.00
College Scholarships to help extend the Bob Hayes Invitational.
THE SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE AWARDED TO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WHO PLAN TO PURSUE A COLLEGE CAREER.
- High School Senior track and field active team member of a school participating in the Bob Hayes Invitational Track and Field Meet may apply. (Applicant must participate in a schedule event at the Bob Hayes Track Meet).
- Must enroll as a college freshman by August 30, 2018 in an accredited college/University of their choice.
- Scholarship monies will be forward to the colleges/universities in the individual name, upon the receipt of the letter of acceptance.
- Student should be present to receive scholarship.
- A minimum grade point average 2.0 on a scale of 4.0 is required.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
- Completed Application Form. Signed by School Principal, Parent(s) and applicant
- Copy of an official high school transcript
- Essay of no more than 250 words describing How will your experience in track and field help you to achieve your career goals (Florida Writes Rubric will serve as one form of selection. As well as the letters of recommendation and involvement in community and extra-curriculum activities will also be considered) Two (2) letters of recommendation from an adult non-related, prefer at least one from a high school faculty member familiar with the applicant (Letter must include a date time telephone number)
- List of community involvement (Community Volunteer Hours) and extra-curriculum activities
- Verification letter from the track and field coach
Scholarship applications and all information must be Postmark and/or received by February 1, 2018. Certifications will be awarded to the winners during the intermission ceremony of the Bob Hayes Meet.
Mail Completed Application and Submission Requirements To:
James (Coach) Day College Scholarship
Attn: Yvonne D. Smith
Bob Hayes Invitational Track Meet, Inc
1805 N. Myrtle Ave
P.O. Box 12285
Jacksonville, FL 32209
- (492.8 KBs)