2017 Future of Assisted Living Scholarship
SeniorAdvisor.com, the premier ratings and reviews site for senior services providers nationwide, is proud to announce our fourth annual scholarship for advancement in higher education. This is a general scholarship which will award each of the selected applicants with a scholarship award of $2,000. This scholarship will be awarded to students enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) during the academic year.
Selection and Eligibility Criteria
The annual scholarship award is for three (3) students enrolled in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university during the 2017-2018 academic year.
The following are ineligible to apply:
- Employees of SeniorAdvisor.com, A Place for Mom, Inc., or A Place for Mom Canada, Inc.
- An immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of an employee of SeniorAdvisor.com, A Place for Mom, Inc., or A Place for Mom Canada, Inc.
- A person living in the same household, whether or not related, of an employee of SeniorAdvisor.com, A Place for Mom, Inc., or A Place for Mom Canada, Inc.
Applicants must include a 250-word maximum introductory bio with their 500-750 word essay and sign the Scholarship Award Agreement.
A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to three (3) individual students who write the most compelling essay as judged by SeniorAdvisor.com staff.
Guidelines for Applicants
Please include the following three items in your submission:
- 250 word maximum introductory bio about yourself – you may choose to include your work or educational background, why you're seeking a degree in your field, and why this scholarship interested you.
- 500-750 word essay response to the question: How can your major of study improve the lives of seniors in assisted living facilities in your town?
- Signed and dated Scholarship Award Agreement.
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2017
Scholarship award recipients will be announced by January 31, 2018.
How to Apply
Award recipients will be notified individually and announced by January 31, 2018.